COACHING CIRCLES FOR HR PRACTITIONERS
“COACHING CIRCLES ARE A SAFE SPACE TO TALK AND PROBLEM SOLVE, THINK OUT LOUD, STRATEGISE AND PLAN A WAY FORWARD, ALL WHILE DEVELOPING YOUR HR SKILLS THROUGH PROVEN TOOLS, MODELS AND FRAMEWORKS.”
- Have you been looking for development that’s a little different to classroom or online learning?
- Want to talk about the challenges you face in your HR role, in a safe supportive environment?
- Looking to learn & share with other practitioners who are in the same boat?
Working in a human resources role can be a lonely place – and so rewarding at the same time. We are constantly juggling priorities, dealing with challenges that arise out of nowhere, managing risk for the organisation and working hard to support the employees in the business, when often, we feel as though we could do with some more support ourselves.
At times, we just need a trusted person, or a group of peers to talk about our issues, bounce around some ideas or get some guidance to move forward, so that we can go back into our work refreshed and equipped to deal with the next challenge.
WHAT IS A COACHING CIRCLE?
Coaching Circles provide a safe space for you to unpack your challenges and be coached, mentored and supported by a qualified coach and HR practitioner. Being able to work collaboratively among an small group of fellow HR practitioners, my aim is to get clarity on your challenges, and provide learning on several levels; social learning, self-reflective, observation, simulation and collaborative learning.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Each week over a period of four weeks, your coaching circle of four-six people will come together in a virtual session for just over an hour to talk about the issues and challenges you are facing in your role now, or into the future. Each participant will have the opportunity to bring their challenges to the group and be supported, coached and mentored by me, all while receiving support from the other participants in the circle. Participants will have exposure to the challenges being experienced by other practitioners, as well as observing and learning from the coaching that their fellow participants experience.
BUT….. i’ts not just a talk fest – you’ll get access to proven tools, model and frameworks to take back to your role and your organisation immediately. Because its not just about the what, but the how.
Participants will also be welcomed to a private Facebook group with additional resources and tools, and to continue conversations and learning between sessions.
Each Circle will have a maximum of 6 participants to provide for deep and meaningful connections and learning.
WHAT CAN I BRING TO THE CIRCLE?
Usual Circles welcome a broad range of topics; the strengths you bring to your HR role, the HR landscape – and where your role fits, new ideas to working with shifting cultures, taking a more strategic view of HR in your org, engaging leaders with HR practices or giving the people in your organisation a way to contribute in meaningful ways.
Coaching Circles are open to practitioners at any level. You may be a standalone people partner or leading a small team. Perhaps you are new to your HR role, part of a larger team, or your organisation is growing fast and you want to scale.
You might be a seasoned professional looking to engage with other professionals in intellectual conversations, or you may be a HRBP looking to make more impact at a strategic level in the organisation.
If you are not sure, reach out and we can chat about where you fit into a Circle.
ARE COACHING CIRCLES FOR ME?
Coaching Circles are for you if:
– You want proven tools, models and frameworks to be a better People Partner
– You want to feel more confident in your people partner role
– You want more credibility in your organisation as the trusted HR partner
– You feel like there is more to HR than ticking boxes
– You are energised by intelligent conversations with other HR folks
– You like to think long term and big picture in what you as HR can achieve for your organisation
Coaching Circles are NOT for you if:
– You want to keep doing HR like its always been done
– Your focus is on compliance, rigid processes and not rocking the boat
– You often play-and enjoy playing – the ‘HR police’ role
– You don’t have a people focus in your role – and are not interested in having one
– You are not interested in being brave and experimenting with new ways to do people practices
If you want support from a qualified coach and HR practitioner, seasoned mentor and real person, then reach out for a chat about how the Circles could work for you.